There are many people who are not able to come in and experience are world leading technology and service in our High Wycombe Practice, thankfully, Home Eye Tests are now available.
Redgate Opticians is renowned for its excellent clinical care and technology, which is why the NHS has partnered with Redgate Opticians to offer home eye care services in the Buckinghamshire area. This means that a person is entitled to a free home visit if they are any of the following :
- Aged 60 or over
- Registered blind or partially sighted
- Diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma
- Considered to be at risk of glaucoma, as advised by an optician
- Aged 40 or over and your mother, father, brother, sister, son or daughter has been diagnosed with glaucoma
- Receiving benefits *
- Entitled to, or named on, a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
- On a low income and named on a valid HC2 (full help) or HC3 (partial help) certificate
- Eligible for an NHS Complex Lens Voucher (our optician will advise on the entitlement).
* Universal credit, Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income-related Employment and Support Allowance or Pension Credit Guarantee Credit.
The process is simple, to arrange a home visit, simply call 01494 258690. One of our specialist Optometrists and Dispensing Assistants will then arrive at the agreed time with photo ID and do all the necessary checks and assessments. They are able to provide glasses, treat and advise on eye-care matters, or refer to the hospital. If glasses are needed, we carry a large range of styles, sizes and colours. Glasses are provided at no cost if the patient is on certain benefits, otherwise they start at £29 complete. The glasses fitting appointment is normally arranged for a week later, this means that we can properly fit the glasses and ensure your vision is as expected.
To arrange an appointment call now on