New COVID guidelines have been issued on July 19.
We have taken advice from the College of Optometrists and the NHS and have been advised to continue to try to minimise the risk of infection by doing the following:
- Maintain social distancing where possible
- Ensure all staff wear a face mask (FRFM) and follow the correct use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Recommend the public continue to wear a face-covering when on practice premises
- Ensure scrupulous hand washing
- Ensure good surface disinfection and frame sanitising after every patient episode
- Encourage all staff to use lateral flow tests and report the results regularly
- Maintain patient triage and prioritisation
- Maintain good ventilation throughout the practice.
We understand that COVID advice is subject to change and can be stressful, so feel free to call on 01494 258690 if you have any questions or concerns.
Ahmed is an Optometrist with over 15 years experience. He is the senior Optometrist at Redgate Opticians in High Wycombe and is also currently working for the John Radcliffe Eye Clinic.