Redgate Opticians is now providing Home Visits under its NHS contract.
This covers High Wycombe and a radius of 1 Hour Drive, so most of Buckinghamshire and Berkshire.
You may qualify for a free NHS-funded eye test at home if you are unable to visit an
optician unaccompanied due to physical or mental disability, and are any of the following:
- Aged 60 or over
- Registered blind or partially sighted
- Diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma
- Considered to be at risk of glaucoma, as advised by an optician
- Aged 40 or over and your mother, father, brother, sister, son or daughter has been diagnosed with glaucoma
- Receiving benefits *
- Entitled to, or named on, a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
- On a low income and named on a valid HC2 (full help) or HC3 (partial help) certificate
- Eligible for an NHS Complex Lens Voucher (our optician will advise on the entitlement).
* Universal credit, Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income-related Employment and Support Allowance or Pension Credit Guarantee Credit