Standard transitions/photochromic lenses (lenses that darken in sunlight) don’t traditionally work in a car because the windshield blocks the UV rays that are necessary to initiate the lenses’ darkening mechanism.
Essilor have introduced Transitions XTRActive lenses to solve this problem.
Anywhere you go, Transitions XTRActive lenses are uniquely designed to protect your eyes from the brightest sun and harsh artificial light.
- Extra dark outdoors to protect from the brightest sun, even in the hottest conditions
- Darken behind the windshield of a car to protect the eyes from sunlight while driving
- Hint of tint helps to protect from harsh indoor lighting
- Block 100% of UVA & UVB rays
- Designed to work with most prescriptions and frames
There are a lot of benefits with transition lenses. Since the lenses automatically adapt to light conditions, they reduce eye strain and fatigue indoors and squinting in sunlight. The rapidly changing lenses can also lessen glare by regulating the amount of natural light you are exposed to. Light sensitivity is reduced, because the lenses protect the eye from harmful UV rays. This is perfect for professional drivers.
Transitions XTRActive lenses are available at Redgate Opticians in High Wycombe.